Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Seeing the Baby

On last Friday, Chris and I had our first OB visit. The visit with the doctor was short because we are not staying with her through the whole pregnancy. I can't keep driving to Dallas for doctor visits all the time. We did however get to have a sonogram. It was very, very exciting. Our little baby was 2 cm long. (She/He should be bigger now.) The heart was beating at 171 beats per minute. I was as of that moment 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant. The said the baby was develomentally, 8 weeks and 4 days. It is just the most amazing thing to see in the world.

I remember when my mom was pregnant with Richard and they couldn't even do a sonogram this early. You had to wait until much later in pregnancy in order to see the baby. The pictures are so clear too. Chris is going to scan them in so we can post them for you to see. You can see the baby's head and heart. You have to look carefully to see the heart. You can see the little arm buds and leg buds. It is so cool. It made it seem completely and totally real for the first time. I have to say I did get a little emotional. I didn't want her to stop. I just wanted to watch our little babies heart beat away. I cannot wait until we get to hear the heart beat.

I think Chris' and my world just completely changed the moment we saw the little baby on the screen. I mean it changed the instant we found out we were pregnant but seeing is really believing. Our next OB visit is July 28th.

No comments: