I have had a really busy day today. Well...it was busy compared to what I have been doing. I am really tired now. It is only 5pm but I am so out of it. I think it is because I was up 6 times last going to the bathroom and on top of that I was awake for about 30 minutes because my side and back were cramping. Oh well...so here is what all I did today.
I got up slowly. I watched some tv for about an hour while I let the anti-nausea medicine take effect. I can't move or do anything until it does...otherwise I will be running to the bathroom. Then I ate a quick breakfast and cleaned the bathtub because it needed it. Then I took a shower and got dressed because Bitsy had her recheck appointment at 11. Bitsy and I left the house at about 10 because I had to stop and get gas. Gas is sooooo expensive. I just cannot believe how much it costs. Then we drove all the way to Bastrop to see her vet.
We walked into the vet and Bitsy started shaking. She never shakes. She was so terrified. I felt like a terrible Mommy. I know why she was so scared. Her last visit there I left her for the day and they did terrible (in her mind) things to her. So Bitsy was weighed and after she stood on the scale she decided that was all she was there for. So she turned herself around and headed for the door. I took her into the exam room. She got good reviews on just her physical appearance and attitude (except for the shaking). Then they took blood in order to check her BUN and Creatinine levels again. It took a number of sticks before they got her blood. She's getting bad veins like her mom. So we waited for the results and it turns out that they have both dropped. They are still not normal but they are a lot closer to it than they were before. So it looks like what we are doing is working for right now. We are going to do another week of antibiotics just to make sure there is no infection and just keep her on the KD diet. They said as long as she acting like she is feeling great then we can keep going. She is definitely feeling better. She has been playing in the living room in the evening and the other night while we are outside we were playing run at mommy like we are going to attack her and then swerve to miss her. It was like she was a puppy again. It makes me so happy to see her feeling better. I can't stand it when she is sick. So we bought some more KD and headed home.
At home I started some laundry and then went into the nursery where I had moved a bunch of school stuff yesterday that needed sorting and started organizing all my school files again. I got them all neatly labeled by subject and topic, so now I know exactly what I have where. I also put them into file boxes so they will be easy to move back to school. I stopped in the middle of all this and moved laundry around, put clothes away. I also made myself a snack (english muffin with raspberry preserves and a cup of organic unsweetened applesauce) and then unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. After my snack I went back to work. I got the files organized. and everything cleaned up in the nursery again. Then I went into the guest bedroom/office and started my filing that I was about a month and half behind on. It took awhile to get all that done. I don't know how I end up with so much trash that ends up in my to be filed containers. I think Chris just put stuff there because he doesn't know what is important and what isn't. I finally got all that done. I then took all that trash out from my school files and home filing and walked down to the mailbox to get the mail.
In the mail I had a package. YAY! It was a book and a DVD on Prenatal Yoga from my Aunt and Uncle. Thank you guys! I wanted to do some prenatal yoga but I hadn't found any classes for it. I came back and moved laundry around again and remade the bed now that the sheets were all clean. I love clean sheets. They are the best. If I was filthy rich I would have clean sheets on my bed every single day of the week. I think that would be my super silly extravagance.
Now, I am taking a breather and typing all this in. I need to drive to the grocery store and pick up some prescriptions for Chris and myself. Can you tell that I have had no one to talk to really today? I get really chatty in writing when I can't be really chatty in person. Oh and the best thing is that because no one is home I have been able to listen to country music ALL DAY LONG with no snide comments from anyone. Yay!
Well...I think that about catches everyone up on my day. I don't blame you if you don't read all of this. It isn't exactly thrilling reading but it is cathartic for me. Oh and please keep Penni in your thoughts. She is having a C-section tomorrow. She is going to be a mommy. So congratulations to her and David. They are going to be so happy. :) I hope everyone else is having a good and productive day.
1 comment:
You know what? I don't think that it is boring at all because it's like having my best friend sitting on the couch with me catching up over coffee and it feels nice. I am def. thinking of Penni (and David) and little Preston. I'm sure all will go well. I'm sure all will go well with you too and the nausea will eventually wear off and you won't need the meds anymore for it. Oh yeah, also, I will be there with you when it's time to birth this baby, just so you know. I wouldn't miss it for the world. :) I love you
Post a Comment