I just absolutely love this picture. I have it has my desktop background.
Caden had his two month check up yesterday. He had 3 shots. Two in one leg and one in the other. Poor Baby. The doctor also checked his ears because he was tugging on his right one but she said it was clear. She listened to his lungs because he has a little cough but she said it was mostly due to drainage from his congested nose. She said all we could do about the nasal congestion is spray his nose with saline and suck it out with the blue syringe which he absolutely loves. Not! He cries like we are torturing him which breaks my heart. But he is obviously otherwise healthy because he now weighs 13.1 pounds. He went from the 30% in weight to the 85% in weight. He is 23 inches long and in the 50% in height and his head is 40 inches in circumference and that puts him in the 50% for that too. So he is growing rapidly. He was not in the 50% before. I guess I make good healthy breast milk. The doctor said he should be sleeping for 4 to 6 hours at a time now and we told her he doesn't he eats every two hours in the night he goes for a little over three hours the first time but then he is up every two hours. The doctor said make sure he eats 3 to 4 ounces then. We told her he eats 3 to 4 ounces every feeding. She didn't have an answer to that. Go figure. So we are still trying to figure that out. He is pooping better now. So after all those tests we found out that everything was normal and he does seem to be growing out of it. He still has screaming fits occasionally and we don't know why.
Question for the day: Caden loves his bath. He will stop crying everytime you put him in the bath. However it does not matter what mood he was in when you put him in the bath he comes out of the bath and starts screaming and crying. How can I get him to stop doing that? I have tried extra towels to make sure he is warm. I have tried warming the towel in the dryer first. Chris jokes that it is like leaving the womb all over for him, but I hope that is not the case. Let me know if you have any other ideas. Please!
2 comments:
I know I don't have kids, but I have an idea (if you haven't thought of it already). I think the crying could possibly be due to the rapid change from in-the-bath to not-in-the-bath. Try letting him stay in the bath while you drain the water instead of pulling him out first. That way maybe he can gets used to the idea of the water going away and maybe even enjoy watching it swirl down the drain. Maybe try to make the water draining a fun and interesting bath activity (like watching a small toy swirl in circles as the water goes down). I thought the warm towel idea was good, though! :P
P.S. I totally love this picture too!!! He looks like he's been giggling..you know, the kind where you just have the giggles but no real reason to be laughing. :D
Post a Comment