Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crazy week

Last weekend was wonderful. We went to the TAMU vs. KState game on Saturday with Misti and Thorin. It was so much fun even though we lost. I'll put up some pictures later today. I actually got a little teary eyed when we first got up into the stands. I know it is silly so I will pass it off to crazy pregnancy hormones. On Sunday, I did lesson plans and a little grocery shopping.

Then all the craziness started. This week I really felt like my class was totally nuts and things were completely out of my control. I am sure looking back on it that it never was as bad as it seemed but I felt so completely overwhelmed by everything. In fact, I still do. I still feel like there is so much that needs to be done and nowhere near enough time to get it all done. I have had several nights where I have barely slept and I know that doesn't help. I just kind of wish that things would calm down. However with all the demands that the district is making on us, it is not going to get any easier any time soon. I really just want to scream and cry about it all sometimes.

I have this class of students who have so much potential but little maturity. They don't think very often and they do not listen very well. What is worse is that I think these thoughts but I also think that maybe my expectations are just a little too high sometimes. I know I will get them to where they need to be but it seems like a much more difficult battle this year. I have a student who screams whenever he is redirected or doesn't get his way. I have two other students who are very easily distracted and I have to keep them on such a short leash and make sure I always have something for them to do or they will get into trouble. I just have this class full of so many different needs that I cannot see through them all to figure out where to start to reach them. This is what is causing the sleepless nights. I wake up in the middle of the night with another idea of how to reach this student or that student. Or hey, maybe we can try this...I just wish I could do it all and I can't. I am having a hard enough time keeping up with just my classroom but I have also taken on several extra responsibilities at school and that only adds to my frustration. I guess I feel like I am just totally overwhelmed. At the same time I still love it and can't imagine doing anything else. I just want to be better at it and right now I am not living up to my own expectations.

Anyway on to happier things, Caden has been moving around like crazy. He likes to do flips and kicks and who knows what else in there. Sometimes I feel like he must be part octopus because he seems to be everywhere at once. I wish Chris could feel him, but every time Caden starts kicking hard enough that I think Chris can feel it I put Chris' hand on my stomach and Caden stops. But this morning it was totally cool...I was taking a bath and I looked down at my stomach because Caden was moving and I was wondering if you could see it and suddenly there was the rippling movement across my belly. It was so cool! I could not believe it. So maybe soon Chris will feel Caden or at least see him. I have also started feeling Braxton Hicks contractions. It took me awhile to figure out what that feeling was but I figured it out. We have an OB appointment on Wednesday afternoon. I'll post more about Caden then.

No comments: