Yesterday we had a mostly untraditional Thanksgiving. Since, my SIL is in London on a crazy wonderful journey and my parents and brother are in GA with my grandmother, we had a very small gathering. We cooked steaks, (thanks, Mike) and baked potatoes. We had cornbread dressing (thanks, Glenda) because Chris really wanted it. We had deviled eggs because I really wanted them. Caden and I baked a pumpkin pie because it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. It was a wonderful day. Caden had a wonderful time with his grandma and grandpa. So did I. Chris worked until 2, which is the usual way of things on Thanksgiving. We watched some Cowboy football (blah) and watched Aggie football (Whoop!). The Aggies made my Thanksgiving because they BTH out of t.u..
All in all it was a good day.
But next year...I expect everyone here. I need to make large Thanksgiving meals. It is my one time to shine in the culinary department. I make a great turkey! And more importantly I missed all of you yesterday. It just wasn't the same without a house full of family. And Richard, just because you are going to college next year, don't think that means you get to skip coming to Thanksgiving. You know I will come hunt you down and kick your butt. (Well, I can at least try...somewhere along the way you got much taller and much stronger than me...)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment