December is a crazy month. It is hectic and crazy for a teacher and this year it was even crazier. We ended up with a week that had only one normal day for my class and then last week we had to tear down my classroom and move it to another room. I cannot even begin to express the chaos and stress that causes me. I worked so hard to have my room organized before the beginning of the year. My cabinets were labeled with what you would find on each shelf. Now all of that is sitting in a massive pile on the floor in my room. I finally left on Friday because I just couldn't bear to look at it anymore. I was totally overwhelmed. I managed to get most of the furniture into an acceptable place but nothing else is put away. I am planning on going up next week to put it all back together. I honestly was so frustrated by people coming in and saying it looked like a classroom. It doesn't...it looks like a tornado went through it. I honestly don't mine moving rooms though. I just mind putting it back together. The school gets another computer lab out of my moving and that is more than worth it for me.
Chris' stress for the holidays starts this week. The week of Christmas is just nutty. Filled with crazy long hours and more people than you can imagine running in and out of the store. He had an interview for a new position with HEB today. It would give him a more regular Monday through Friday schedule. It would be truly wonderful for us. It would make him so much happier. If it isn't too much to ask Santa can you please give Chris this job?
Caden has had a busy month too. We have been back and forth to Dallas. We went one weekend to return Anastasia to my brother. The next weekend we went to see my brother in his play. He was spectacular! Chris said he was one of the best high school actors he has ever seen. He usually tells me I have an over-inflated opinion of my brother so it was nice to hear this time that he thought Richard was as spectacular as I did. I always knew he was dramatic. I am prouder of him than you could possibly imagine. I am having a really hard time this year. He is growing up and maturing so quickly. He is everything I imagined he could be. I cannot believe though how much he has changed. After Richard's play we went to North Park Mall the next day. Caden wrote his letter to Santa at Macy's and mailed it. He mailed mine as well. By the way for every letter that is mailed to Santa at Macy's, Macy's donates a dollar to the Make a Wish Foundation. He also got a Christmas Smurf from Grandma and Grandpa. We also went to see the trains at North Park which he adored. He was so very excited. He loved it. Last week I followed my Mommy instinct and took him to the doctor again. He had an ear infection in each ear and the beginnings of a sinus infection. Today he had another round of tubes put in and a nasal endoscopy. He did spectacularly. He was very well behaved and handled all of it very well. I guess that brings us up to date.
No comments:
Post a Comment