Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

'Twas the night before Christmas
and all through the home,
The family was waiting,
as patiently as the popein Rome.
Gamma and Gandpa were driving in the ice
Richard was patient and trying to be nice.
They tried to get to Early through the ice and the snow
but it seemed that Stephenville was as far as they could go.
Early Christmas morning Caden awoke with a bound
Surprised and confused by the white stuff on the ground.
His Grandpa made cinnamon toast
his Dad prepped the Christmas night roast.
With sunrise and a good night's rest
Gamma and Gandpa arrived safe as was best.
We sat down to a breakfast of rolls, eggs, and jam
And some lovely crispy bacon, not ham.
We began to open presents with glee
Caden was beguiled and overwhelmed you see.
Grandma and Gamma and Me
all bought each other items to do with photography.
It seems we all thought the same
keeping and sharing memories of Caden, his name.
Caden had more presents than you can believe
It was even more than he could begin to perceive.
We had to take a break
and put in the roast that was better than steak.
Dinner was great
and was early rather than late.
Caden opened more presents
It was so pleasant.
He got a guitar and
a remote control car.
We played games and had fun
until day was done.
I hope everyone had a similar day
and enjoyed spending time with their families in the most spectacular way!

Merry Christmas everyone! As you can tell we had a lot of fun this Christmas. Caden really was overwhelmed by it all. I know he really didn't understand much of what was going on but he does seem to enjoy all of his new toys. I think it is wonderful that we were able to have everyone together for Christmas. It was so good to have my mom, dad, and brother and Chris' mom, dad, and sister all together for Caden's first Christmas. I hope all the rest are as happy as this one. The day after Christmas we had a lazy morning and then went to Darren's house for a Christmas Chinese gift exchange with Chris' extended family. Congrats to Belinda and Darren for getting engaged. Very cool Christmas present for Belinda. I had a mushy moment with everyone there. The boys had Band Hero, I think that is the name. I picked the song American Pie. The boys played the instrument and we all sang along. It was so cool. We had all the generations together bonding over music. I know it sounds cheesy but there it is. Then we had a good time with the gift exchange. We swapped presents and made silly jokes and just had a great time.





No comments: