Caden had to get in on the crazy hat day action.
Crazy Hat Day...Yes I wore a crawfish on my head all day at school, and yes I lied and told my kids it was a lobster.

hiding behind the couch...little munchking

11 months old

Caden Reading in the Car just like his mommy
So...I am without a doubt the worst blogger ever. I do however have an armful of excuses. Here they are:
1. I am a mom to an 11 month old.
2. I am a kindergarten teacher.
3. I am a wife.
4. I am addicted to Facebook and Mafia Wars so my spare time is spent there.
5. I really don't have anything profound to say anymore. I think I am gradually getting dumber.
Anyway...Caden turned 11 months and is still not walking independently or saying any words. He does, however, insist on saying Dada when happy and Mama when sad. He loves to chase the cat around the living room. He has discovered how to open the entertainment center and pull everything out of there. He loves remotes, computers, and basically anything that you don't want him to have he desires. He still eats anything except eggs. Hates eggs. Makes a great face if you try to get him to eat eggs. He love to read Goodnight Moon before bed and any other time as well. He seems to like looking at books now. He loves to play either one of his guitars but Daddy's guitar is still best. He loves music in all forms. He can dance and keep rhythm. He can follow a beat if you clap one for him. He can repeat it as long as it doesn't require a fast clap because he isn't coordinated enough to do that yet. Although, he does not talk using words he tells the most interesting stories. He is very animated and stresses his points. He is very dramatic. He has a stubborn streak which I find both frustrating and endearing. He kisses only his mom but he does it by sucking on my chin. It causes me to giggle and then he giggles and we just giggle together. He has an odd sense of humor which means he just fits in with the rest of us chickens. He loves to climb things and has no fears to speak of. I think he is fully confident of the fact that Mom and Dad will not let anything bad happen and hopefully we won't. He is an early riser and surprise surprise I don't mind getting up with him. You can't beat the smile on his face when you go in there in the morning. My day is made awesome just by seeing it. He is a flirt at school and I was informed today that he seems to like to pounce on the older girls and then he smiles at them. I am in so much trouble with this one.
As for me and Chris. Well, Chris is busy with HEB but is considering other options. I am busy with school and I love my kids. I am so impressed with the progress they are making. Their writing is getting better and better and their reading as well. They love science and as funny as it may be to some of you, I actually am a good science teacher. I usually clear things with Chris though, before I explain it. I always hated it when I was told one thing as a kid and then you find out later that it wasn't really true. It was just the way they dumbed it down so you could understand it. I try not to say anything that is inaccurate and they have learned some pretty cool things. We had a Science Night last night and my kids have been studying Ocean Animals for the last few weeks. They can tell you what echolocation is, what a predator is, what cartilage is. They can make inferences based on previous information. They are good thinkers. They figured out that a rocks weight is not based on its size but what it is made of. This is important for them to understand. They know a force is a push or a pull and that gravity is the force that pulls things to the earth. They know that it doesn't matter the size or weight of an object gravity will pull it down at the same rate and we discussed ways people can effect it. They came up with a parachute to slow it down...pretty cool for 5 year olds..Sorry had to brag about my smart kids. Anyway that is about all...more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment