
It is hard for me to believe that 9 months ago, yesterday, I was in labor with Caden. He has changed so much. He is a little person now. He is so much more entertaining now than he was back then. In some ways he is more stressful but in others he is significantly less so. Thank goodness colic doesn't last forever.
Chris and I took him for his 9 month check up yesterday and here are his latest statistics.
Height= 27 inches 10-25% (Poor kid is short like his mommy right now.)
Weight= 19lbs 3 oz. 25% (Doctor says this is normal. It is combination of what she called the breast milk curve and his being sick so frequently the last few months.)
Head Circumference= 45.8 cm 75% (Kid has a big head. I think it is because he is so smart, but that is just my opinion.)
It was hard not to laugh when the doctor was telling us all the things we were going to need to start watching out for because Caden is already doing all of those things. He puts everything in his mouth. He tries to get into purses. He tries to pull cords out of the wall. He tries to feed himself. In fact, it has been a struggle to get him to eat baby food because he wants to feed himself so badly. I am working on letting him do that with baby food too. It is hard because he makes such a mess. She also thinks he will be walking soon. We will see. He has been pulling up and cruising for awhile now. He just doesn't have the confidence yet to stand alone. He can do it, I've tricked him into a couple of times but he doesn't realize it. She did let us know that baby boys go quickly from starting to walk to running full speed ahead. We also discovered the night before his doctor appointment that there is a baby tooth coming in on the bottom and the doctor said she feels the other baby tooth on the bottom getting ready to pop out. I am so very excited about this. I thought I was going to have a toothless baby forever.
Things Caden Likes:
Stuffed Animals
French Fries
Chicken
Oreos
Vanilla Wafers
Chasing the cat
Being eaten (He loves it when you pretend to eat him)
Looking at your teeth
Chewing on my toes
Climbing on things
Getting into everything he is not supposed to
Growling
Babbling
Doing things for himself
Things Caden does not like:
Taking away anything he thinks is his (i.e. my keys)
Not letting him do it by himself
Being sick
Sleeping
Napping
Vegetables
Being left where he can't see you if he is in that mood
Other babies near his mom.
All in all he is a pretty spectacular child. I am so happy he is mine and wouldn't change it or him one little bit. He is the delight of my day. I cannot help but smile when I see him and my biggest secret is that sometimes I don't mind so much when he is sick because then he wants to snuggle and he lets me just hold him and cuddle him to my heart's content. I cannot wait to see how much more he changes over the next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment