Sunday, August 23, 2009

Caden's latest adventures

Caden really seems to enjoy daycare. Of course he hasn't been a whole lot yet. He was sick all last week. He went for only a couple of hours on Monday and then again on Friday. He has had an ear infection and a really yucky little virus. He is much better now.

When he goes to daycare he come home utterly exhausted which I guess is a good thing. He sleeps really well on those nights. We are definitely into a routine in the evenings. We get home and have dinner between 6pm and 6:30 and then we go take a bath for 20 to 30 minutes. After the bath we come back to the living room and Caden watches his reading video and then we play for a little bit, have a bottle and get into bed about 8 to 8:15. It is nice to have him in a routine.

He is so active now. He loves to play and move around on the floor. He is trying to figure out how to pull up on stuff and it is funny to watch because he gets his legs up and then can't figure out what to do with his hands. He hasn't figured out he has to pull using his hands and not his feet. He loves cords which is bad. You have to really watch out for him because he will end up pulling on them before you even notice he is anywhere near a wall. He also will crawl over to you when you call him which is neat.

We are being more adventuresome with food now. We have tried the mixed grain cereal, chicken and rice dinner, mangoes, and macaroni and cheese dinner. He doesn't really know what to think of the chicken and rice dinner but he loves the mangoes and the macaroni and cheese dinner. He is also working on holding his own bottle and drinking out of a cup. He seems to prefer the cup with the silicone spout rather than the plastic spout. I think because it is more like a bottle.

I am curious to see how things from here on out with school starting. I realize I don't really get any time to myself. I will be up at 4:45am in order to get to Killeen for work. Chris will take Caden to daycare. I will be at work all day then come home and pick Caden up from daycare. Then we will be home and doing our evening routine and I will have to cook dinner most nights because of Chris' work schedule and once Caden is in bed I will be getting ready to be in bed by 9. So it can start all over again. Then daycare is closed on the weekend so I have Caden all weekend to play with but there are also all the things that have to get done around the house that don't get done during the week. How on earth do people manage all this and stay sane...? It hurts my head and makes me exhausted just thinking about it. I guess it will all work out. Everything always seems to.

Well here are some pics of Caden.




No comments: