Well...we have had a wild and crazy last few weeks. Caden is now seven months old and very precocious. He pulls up on everything and is quite the the adventurer. He takes a tumble now and most of the time brushes it off as if he is a tough guy. He chased Mona through the living room, into the dining room, through the kitchen and into the utility room and he caught her. Which if any of you know Mona is quite a feat. She tries to stay far far away from Caden. She isn't like Lily. Caden thinks Lily is the greatest thing in the world. I have decided that Caden thinks Lily is his best friend. She really seems to love him too. If he cries in the middle of the night she goes in with us to check on him.
Caden has also been very sick. It seems like every week he has gone to daycare he has come home sick with something new. Over labor day weekend he was very sick. He had a fever of over 102 one night. Then he went back to school the next week and came home two days later with diarrhea and vomiting. This lasted 9 days. He lost over a pound. When we took him last Thursday they did a chest x-ray to check for pneumonia and drew blood. He had an elevated white blood cell count but the X-ray was fine. By the way it is a torture device that they use to do baby chest x-rays. I had to hold his arms up over his head while they closed him in this weird plastic body case and it was just awful. When he went back to the doctor on Monday he had started gaining some weight back and he is eating up a storm. Yesterday he went back to daycare and had a good day. When I picked him up from daycare I got the most awesome smile. It was great.
I have been busy trying to figure out the whole school, mommy, wife thing. It has been hectic and crazy. Some days I like my class and others I don't. We are starting to get into a groove though and I think they are going to be good kids. Chris has been busy at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment