Last night I was reading Caden his book from the Your Baby Can Read thing and he kept reaching out for it because he wanted to eat it. So we stopped looking at that book and got a book that it is okay for him to chew on. Caden thinks that he has to eat the book in order to know what it says. Well, actually he thinks everything needs to go in his mouth in order to know what it is.
I cannot believe what a bad blogger I have been lately. I realized I haven't posted anything since the middle of June. Caden has made so much progress that it is simply amazing. He changes everyday and I cannot believe how much his personality has developed already. He is basically a happy baby. He loves to play and try new things. He is like his Dad in that when he gets frustrated with something he likes to yell at it and he really doesn't want you to help him at first. If he gets too frustrated then he does want help but I really admire his independence. He is definitely trying to get himself around. He can crawl a little but he scoots more. He can move himself all around his crib and he can move himself around in the living room pretty well. He usually covers about a 6 foot area. He also can sit up by himself. Well he can't get to sitting by himself but he is getting closer, but if you sit him up he can stay sitting up by himself. If he starts to lean over he will put a hand out to prop himself back up. He is reaching for everything now and he puts everything in his mouth. He laughs all the time and loves to have people pretend to eat him. One day he thought it was hilarious that I had his fingers in my mouth and he had my finger in his mouth. He also gives kisses. Big open mouth slobbery kisses. He has really started noticing other babies. He stares at them wherever he sees them. Yesterday morning he ate his first slice of banana and over the weekend he tried a corn tortilla and he really seemed to enjoy it. He is getting better at sleeping at night. He usually sleeps about 5 to 6 hours before waking up and needing a bottle. He may still wake up in between all of that but he soothes himself back to sleep. I really could go on and on about how wonderful and amazing I think he is. He just seems perfect to me and to Chris. I think we are in trouble when it comes to that. Chris said last night, "I can't say no to Caden. He is just too cute." I keep telling Caden he is too cute for his own good. When he smiles at you your heart just melts and when he really cries, pushing that little lip out...ohhh you wouldn't believe how fast we jump to make him happy again. I guess it is okay for now...oh well. Enjoy the video and picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment