Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weekend

So this past weekend Caden took his first out of town trip. We went to Dallas to help Mom redo the living room and the dining room. We left really early and he travels in the car really well. On Saturday he was very good. He hung out for most of the day without fussing and let us get a lot of work done. We scraped the popcorn off the ceiling. We pulled the paneling off the wall in the dining room and then patched the walls. It was lots of fun. On Saturday night we out to dinner at El Fenix. It was tasty. Caden ate cereal and carrots. He is not a fan of carrots. Saturday night was rough. Caden just couldn't seem to get in a groove. He had one long screaming fit, which pretty much sucked.

On Sunday we did more work on the living room and dining room. We got the dining room ceiling painted, the walls painted in the dining room, some of the wainscoating up in the dining room and the trim painted. Caden was not as agreeable on Sunday. He wasn't bad but he wanted to be held a lot. Sunday night I gave up and let him sleep with me in bed. It worked a little better that way.

On Monday, Mom and I hung out in the morning and then Caden and I went and had lunch with Penni, David, and Preston. It was a lot of fun to see Preston. It is the first time I have seen him since he was born. He looks so much like Penni. It was funny, he kept trying to share his food with Caden and Caden kept blowing spit bubbles at Preston. It was really nice to see and talk with Penni and David. (Thank you both for buying my lunch. It was unnecessary but very thoughtful and I appreciate it.) It was nice to hear that other parents have been through the same things that we are going through with Caden. Monday night Caden slept with me again. I had to because I needed to sleep. Single parenting is hard. I don't like doing it. I don't recommend doing it.

On Tuesday we came back home. Caden slept almost the whole way. He woke up about 40 minutes from home so we stopped at the rest area and he had a bottle and we walked around and stretched our legs. He fell asleep the rest of the way home. Last night he did not sleep very well. Chris thinks he is spoiled from sleeping with me the last few nights. I don't think that is it. He was running a low fever earlier in the evening and he seems to be teething a little. I ended up trying a pacifier at about 5 am and he slept until 8am. I wish I had thought of the pacifier earlier. I am so sleepy.

Is it wrong that I fantasize about going away to hotel and just sleeping for like two days straight. Even on nights when Chris gets up with Caden I still wake up and I can hear him. I very rarely sleep the whole night through. I think I would be a totally different person if I slept through a couple of nights. I might actually feel like getting stuff done around the house. I don't know what I am going to do. I have a lot to do around the house I guess I will try and get some of them done tomorrow while Chris is here.

1 comment:

Stevie said...

It's not only not wrong to think that, I would actually recommend that. Every once in a while, one of you needs to spend a night away from the house. Whether it's at a hotel or just a friend's house, just one night to get a full night's sleep. Taking turns doing this will help both of you get a little more nights of uninterrupted sleep, plus the one staying with Caden for that one night will get a little more one-on-one, single-parenting time (or practice as I would think it'd be!). This can greatly improve your overall mood and health and lessen some stress you might have that could be accidentally taken out on each other. Just something to seriously think about doing, not just fantasize! =D