Monday, February 23, 2009

Miracles happen every day or night I should say!

Miracle of miracles Caden gave Chris and I a peaceful night. After the oscars I fed Caden again and the Chris took him and I fell asleep. When I woke up again it was almost 3am. Caden was crying. I changed his diaper and fed him some more. Chris woke up enough to let me know that he had given Caden a little of his bottle around 12 but he had slept since then. (Yes, I know, you aren't supposed to give a breastfeeding baby a bottle until after three weeks but Chris and I decided yesterday that we needed to make sure he was getting enough to eat and that we both could use sleep. So Chris gave him his first bottle at about 11am yesterday. He doesn't like it as much but he isn't having any trouble switching back and forth.) Then after the 3am feeding Caden slept until 5:30am. He got fed by Chris with some more of his bottle and a diaper change and then he got breastmilk from mommy because he was a little fussy. He went back to sleep for only a little while. He spent the rest of the morning kind of fitfully dozing. But it was so awesome to get so much sleep. I have no idea why suddenly last night everything worked out but I think it is because he has finally learned to sleep. We will see how he does today and tonight.