Friday, January 2, 2009
New Year's Eve
We had a lot of fun for New Year's Eve. Misti and Thorin came to Hutto and Chris cooked steak, baked potatoes, and mushrooms and onions. It was delicious. We talked while all that was cooking and Richard played Wii. After dinner we decided to play poker for fun. No money. Richard, it turns out, is a natural at poker. He knows when to hold them and knows when to fold them as the saying goes. And that is tricky considering some of the crazy games Thorin knows. We played poker until about 3 in the moring when we decided to call it quits and go to bed. We of course took a break to watch the ball drop and ring in the new year. Misti ended up winning all the black chips. Yay! Richard is ready to play again though. He wishes he hadn't lost all of his chips on the last round of Indian poker.
On New Year's morning we went to IHOP for breakfast which was yummy. I was so hungry. I am so rarely that hungry it was great. Chris and I both commented on the fact that when we were in college if we had stayed up till 3am we wouldn't have gotten up the next day until 3pm. Instead I was up at about 7:45 and Chris got up around 9:30. Marco came down later in the afternoon and we chilled at the house for awhile and then we went to see Seven Pounds, which is an excellent movie but it is not a feel good movie. We went to dinner at Chuy's and just had a really nice New Year's day. It was great to be able to see Misti and Thorin, and Marco.
I hope everyone else had a safe and fun New Year's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Well, it sounds like you had tons of fun! I'm glad Richard got to come spend some time with you for New Years - I'm sure that made him feel great. :) Love the pics of you guys and I am thrilled you were hungry! I know (well, I don't know know, but you know what I mean) that the end and the beginning of pregnancy can be an unappetizing time (or for some people, the whole time), so I bet it was super great to scarf down a big plate of food! :) Glad you had a good New Years - miss you and love you lots.
Post a Comment