Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thoughts...

Hurricane Ike has now moved its way through Texas. We got no rain from it and only a little wind. Chris has left to help out in Houston. He is staying in a little motel in East Houston. They had to drive all the way to Katy, TX to find any place to get food. They ended up going into a store that had no power but was letting people in by twos and threes. They bought a bunch of groceries so that they can have food to eat for the next few days. They are going to be helping get the stores in the area up and running so people can get groceries and necessities in order to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

I have been thinking this afternoon about how important the semblance of normalcy is to any situation. We do not handle things well that are outside of what we expect to be normal. I think that is why we pretend things are normal even when they may not be. It helps protect our sense of security and I think it also helps things return to truly being normal much faster. Funny, how something like a hurricane I didn't even experience can help put some things back into perspective for me.

I have been struggling for several weeks at school because I have been very angry at another person and it has made going to school perfectly dreadful. Now, however, I think if I perhaps had pretended that things were normal it would never have made it to the point that it has. I am now at a loss as to how to proceed. I think if I try to go back to the way things were before then that would be abnormal however I cannot continue as things are. I have tried to fix things by apologizing but I am being scorned. Oh well...things will happen as they will.

I have so many things that I need to do but I will write more later...

No comments: