Yesterday morning at 8 am I did the first of two test to check for Downs Syndrome, Trisomy 18, and open neural tube defects. It took two days of calling the insurance company and the lab in order to find out if the test was covered. It seems that no one really realizes how difficult they make your life. You call the insurance company and they say they need the codes. So you call the lab and get the codes, then you call the insurance company and they want the provider number...but they don't tell you need they need the address. They wait until the next time you call to tell you that little bit of information. It was time consuming but I got it done. It looks like all of the genetic testing will be covered. We are also going to test for cystic fibrosis and fragile x. Chris and I just figure the more we know the better it will be.
So my mom came in late Wednesday night. It was the first time she has seen the house. But then we had to get up super early to go to the doctor for the first part of the sequential screen. So we got there at about 7:50 and they started by doing a sonogram. So mom got to actually see the baby for the first time live and in person. The baby was apparently not being very cooperative so they brought the doctor in and I had to undress so they could do the less fun kind of sonogram. The baby was still being stubborn. They could only get one measurement. The baby rubbed its eyes during the middle of it. That was really cute to see. We did get a few more pictures but they are not as good as the other ones we have put up. So I will scan them later.
Then mom and I went and had a bagel and then we went to babies'r'us. The baby has a Tigger bath robe now, a Pooh baby's first Easter bib and a Pooh baby's first fourth of July bib. The baby also has a litle Tigger with a little blanket and some Pooh and Tigger wash clothes. My mom just couldn't help herself. The baby is already spoiled. Not even here yet and spoiled.
We then went and had some lunch with Chris and then came home and took a nap. I was really sleepy and so was mom. Chris got home and made a delicious dinner. I am so lucky to hav a husband who is such a good cook.
Now on to this morning. I got up and didn't take my anti-nausea medicine because I didn't feel sick. Apparently that doesn't matter because after I took the trash out I got to go run into the bathroom and throw-up. I hate morning sickness. How am I supposed to know when I don't need this medicine anymore if when I don't even feel sick I throw up? Please someone tell me that this is supposed to end...I am one week away from the end of the first trimester and still this is going on...yuck...oh well...more later...
No comments:
Post a Comment