Sunday, August 31, 2008

Long Weekend

So here it is Sunday evening. I am very tired still. I slept a lot yesterday and will probably sleep in tomorrow too. First week of school has been tiring but I loved it to. I really like my students. I can already see their individual personalities and they have already made me laugh about a million times this week.

On Wednesday, Chris and I went to the OB. Nothing much happened. We listened to the heartbeat for a very short amount of time. Other than that everything was normal. We scheduled our next visit for the 25th. We will have an hour long sonogram then and find out the sex of the baby. Yes, we will announce it all to everyone. Then we have the visit and fill out the hospital paperwork. They make you fill that out early. The doctor also gave me some samples of a different prenatal vitamin that is supposed to be more gentle on my stomach so I don't throw-up every morning. So far it has worked except for the one morning that my mother cursed me. I still am very sensitive to smell. The doctor said I am probably stuck with that. Other than that there isn't much to say about the baby except that I miss having a margarita on Friday's after teaching all week. I really want my margarita.

Chris has started his produce rotation at the store. He has had some really good feedback from some store leaders. They have helped to see what he needs to work on. I think some of it was hard for him to hear but he knows it was true. I am sure he will do fine.

I am in the process of trying to come up with some unique ideas of what to do with my class this year because they are a bright and energetic group of kids. I think once we get procedures and behavior expectations down they will ready for anything. Please let me know any ideas you have. If you remember doing something in school at any grade that really caught your attention let me know. I can usually find a way to adapt to my kids. We are also focusing on science this year because our school didn't do well on the TAKS Science test. So let me know of any cool science experiments. I also want to really get engaged with using the internet with my kids. I have I CHAT at school and would love the opportunity for my kids to converse with other classes and experts in any field. So if you are comfortable with talking to a group of kindergartners let me know. Hey, if you just want to read them a story through the computer let me know. I can set it up. I think kids really need to see how many people out there care about them and want them to succeed.

Well...I hope everyone is having a lovely Labor Day weekend. Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Penni said...

PRN = per diem or as needed. I can't believe you will already get to find out if you're having a boy or girl! Sorry I don't have any good ideas for your class...if I think of any I will let you know! I'm glad you are liking your class. :)