Saturday, April 3, 2010

Caden Update

Caden is going to have surgery on Wednesday. They are going to take out his adenoids. Then he will stay in the hospital overnight so they can give him IV antibiotics. The hope is we can clear up this nasty little bacteria that is living in his sinus'. It does not respond to normal antibiotics. If we can get rid of it then hopefully we will have no more problems with ear infections and sinus infections all the time.

Right now he is taking a nap and for whatever reason on the weekend he doesn't want to just be put in his bed for a nap. He has to cuddle with me until he falls asleep. I am not sure if it is because he hasn't been feeling well or if he is just making up for lost time with mommy during the week. I can't say that it bothers me though. I love cuddling with him.

He is babbling more and says Daddy for both his dad and the cat. It has a slightly different sound for each but I think I am the only one who actually hears the difference. He is starting to wave bye bye, but he does it backwards. He waves bye bye to himself. He signs "more" when he wants more food or drink which is very helpful. He is starting to raise his hands up when he wants up from his high chair and he points to more things.

He likes to share. He will bring you something and put it in your hand and wait for you to say thank you. Then we give it back to him. We play this game over and over. He is getting better at asking for help when he can't do something. He will bring it to you and open your hand and put it in your hand and look at you like "please help." He likes to get the broom out of the laundry room and try to sweep. I need to get him a small broom of his own.

He loves playing outside on his swing set. He slides down the slide with Daddy and plays on the swings with his Dad's help. He enjoys just running around outside and likes to help water the trees. He loves water. Hose water, bath tub water, toilet water. Whatever water he can find to play in...

I am sure there is more but I can't think of it right now.

No comments: