So summer has started and I have already been to two trainings and I am already waking up in the middle of the night because my mind is busy planning next year. It is a big jump going from teaching kindergarten to teaching 3rd grade. My mind races with ideas and I have no idea where to start or even what they are really capable of doing.
On the other hand in this first week of summer I have discovered I have more patience with a classroom full of five year olds than I do for my 16 month old and my puppy. The two of the of them are extremely exhausting. I chase one around cleaning up after her accidents and then the other one just enjoys throwing stuff all over the place. Caden has a box of puzzle pieces that all he does with them is open the box and empty it all over the floor. He likes to dump the animals water all over the floor. He pretty much likes to empty things out on the floor. He likes to stack things and climb on everything. EVERYTHING. He also loves being outside and doesn't understand why he can't stay outside all the time. He likes to swing on his swing-set like a big boy. He sits in it the correct way and holds on and just loves to be pushed on it. Starbuck likes to try and attack his feet while he is swinging. I really don't know what to do with those two. They obviously are developing a crazy love relationship. She nips at him. He lays on top of her. He also likes to swat at her and say no. But he only does that when she is being good. Last night, they were both so cute. He ran outside to see her and give her a hug. She was jumping all over him licking him until they both fell down and rolled around with each other. One of those moments you wish you had the video camera immediately at hand. So there is my short summary of the first week of summer vacation. Hopefully I will gain more patience and more sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment